Friday, July 17, 2009

A Literary Experiment: Twitstery on Twitter

Since May 6th I have been running a literary experiment on Twitter. I've published, 140 characters at a time, a comic murder mystery. The purpose of the experiment is to see if persistent creation of content leads to an increase in "followers" -- and to have fun while doing it.

For those of you who have just joined us, I am re-publishing here the entire Twitstery story to date. Remember that each of these entries was limited to 140 characters or less (including the #Twitstery hatchtag), that they appeared on average twice daily (so there is a time factor involved) and that I'm no Mickey Spillane. Feel free to continue following me by searching for "rblechman" on Twitter.

My hunch is that this sort of narrative owes more to the funny pages of classical print newspapers than to the long form fiction narratives of Charles Dickens. As such, my guide has been more Al Capp and less Raymond Chandler. And yes, there's a little bit of Inspector Clouseau and of "Police Squad" thrown in there.

Comments, questions, guesses as to who the murderer is are welcome.

No comments: