Wednesday, June 6, 2007

8th Annual Media Ecology Association Conference Starts Today

Best wishes to all presenting, attending and especially those organizing the 8th Annual Media Ecology Association Conference that begins today in Mexico City.

Normally, I would be there, but my dog ate my airline tickets. Um..I left my airline tickets on the bus. Um...Here's the thing: My organization doesn't provide any stipends for me to attend the MEA Conference. Add that to the fact that my oldest daughter will be attending college starting in August, and I just couldn't do it. My daughter put it this way, "Dad, you have two choices, conference, college...college, conference." I had a Seinfeld moment. "Do I know you?" In the end, funding her college won out.

So enjoy, those of you attending! I'll be watching via the live video feeds as much as I can. Anyone else sending someone to college can join me in viewing at http://www.media-ecology.org.mx/.

No comments: